Bookish Tuesdays - My First Kindle!

In April this year I became a proud owner of a Amazon Kindle Paperwhite!! :D No, didn't buy it. It was a gift.  

For a really long time I was in the 'only paperback/hardback' gang who will never switch their loyalties to an 'e-reader'. But then I started thinking about getting one to read really big books (like 800-900 pages long), to read while travelling and to read in the night. Because A) my eyesight has gone bad, B) my bag's limited space and C) This Kindle ad.

So I was happy to receive it as a gift.  

My then still-in-box Kindle Paperwhite

One would think my reading will pick up pace due to an e-reader, right? In my case, the opposite happened. Why?

Because of the eternal dilemma of being loyal to books. I made a rule. When I am at home I'll read paperback books and when I am out I'll read on paperwhite. Which meant I was reading two books at a time. A thing that I was never good at - reading 2 different books at a time. 

As a result, I was doing justice to none. 

So now I have decided to read one book at a time and alternate between paperback and paperwhite instead of juggling both at the same time. 

Happy reading!
  

Comments

Popular Posts