Foodie Wednesdays - Detox Infused Water

Okay, today is 'Foodie Wednesday' and detox water doesn't really qualify as 'food' because it's a drink. But still it's a drink that will go in body and hopefully flush out toxins that I have accumulated as a result of eating the food I love! Makes sense? Never mind!

So the other day a friend Whatsapped me recipe for 'A Drink that Removes Fat in 4 days.' 

I am fat with loads of fat. She isn't. But she is very health conscious and said she felt light after drinking this detoxifying water. 

Did I really fell for 'removes fat in 4 days' promise? No. There is no magical potion in this world that can remove fat in 4 days. I am absolutely sure of that. But I also know water and fruits/vegetables with high water & citric content helps to flush out toxins from the body. Which is why every health consultant recommends to drink lots of water. 

So I decided to try it. 

Detox Cucumber Lemon Ginger Mint Water

Recipe:

Water- 2 litres
Cucumber - 1 (Peeled and thinly sliced)
Mint leaves - 12-15
Ginger - 1 tbsp (thumb size, grated)
Lemon - 1 (Thinly sliced)

Put everything in a jug and refrigerate overnight. Strain and drink it the next day. The reference image I got stated, it is recommended to do it for 4 days for visible results. It is supposed to boost metabolism without any side effects. 

I thought drinking this is going to be a cakewalk as how much flavour can get infused in the water just by soaking the ingredients, right? Boy, was I wrong. I was surprised to taste the bitterness of lemon rinds, mingled with strong flavours of ginger and mint. I am on day 2. Let's see if it works for me.

Try it. No harm in doing that.

Comments

Popular Posts