Bookish Tuedays - Turning distractions into something productive

Internet is a huge distraction for me. Because of which I am so behind on my reading. I get stuck in an endless cycle of viral videos, interviews, funny listicles, sitcom marathons and an entire week is gone. Poof! Just like that. 


One fine day I made a conscious decision to use these distractions (because they aren't going anywhere!) to my advantage. So I have spent the last couple of months watching/reading interviews of writers. They have mostly been film writers be it lyricists or scriptwriters because I find film as a medium very entertaining. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching these interviews, except one

And I learned at least something from all.

Here are the list of videos/articles I watched/read:

- Vicky Donor and Piku's writer, the soft-spoken & sorted Juhi Chaturvedi - Tips for Aspiring Film Writers, her interview with Komal Nahta and Talking Piku.
 
- Celebrated Indian poet, lyricist and film director Gulzar Saab's interview with Anupam Kher

- Famous scriptwriter, poet and lyricist Javed Akhtar's The Boss Dialogues interview 
 
- Writer and stand-up comedian,Varun Grover's interview, who wrote the lyrics of 'Moh Moh Ke Dhaage' - beautiful song!!

- Screenwriter Salim Khan's The Boss Dialogues interview 

Indian lyricist, playback singer, writer, Swanand Kirkire's interview
 
- Literary Agents interview- The Hollywood Reporter
 
 
Now I plan to read more about authors. I am interested to know about their ideation and writing process and how it all started because right now I am trying to find tips & inspiration to write a book.

Happy reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts