Simple ways to show that you care

I was really anxious about attending my friend's wedding. You see, my boyfriend was going to accompany me to this wedding. But at the last minute he had to travel abroad for his work around the same time. 

Image source: Annie Spratt


Not attending the wedding was not an option, though I was very tempted to do the same. I also considered sending him a gift card online so as to avoid attending the wedding. But he had come all the way to give me his invitation card. 

I feel extremely uncomfortable and overwhelmed in big crowded places/events. Going alone also added to my anxiety. I asked my brother to come along but he flatly refused. Days before the wedding I was thinking of ways to convince my brother. None of the ideas worked. 

But 2 days before the wedding he said that he had decided to go to the wedding with me the moment he heard that I'll have to go alone. This was his plan all along. :)

He rarely says it. He rarely shows it. But my brother loves and cares for me. And he proves it through his actions. There are many simple ways to show that you care, without grand declarations. :) :)

P.S. Something unexpected happened on the wedding day. I'll write about it in my next post. 

Comments

Popular Posts