Bookish Tuesdays - My Failed Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015!

I failed!! Yet again. 

I'm talking about my Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015

My failed 2015 reading challenge scoreboard


My target was to read 40 books. But I read only 21! Last year I had read 41 books. Although, I had failed 2014's challenge too as then my target was 50. 

I can go on and on about the reasons why I failed but what's the point of giving excuses and explanations? The fact is I wasn't able to finish my target. 

This year I have decided not to set any target. If I reduce the number of books to read in 2016 and bring it down to an achievable figure, it won't reflect well on me. Also, I realized I am not good at targets. Reading isn't fun when you are looking to reach a certain number. It killed the joy for me. So I am not going to give myself one this year. I'll read as and when I feel like. 

At the end of 2016, I'll see how many books I manage to read without entering the Goodreads challenge (officially) and giving myself a target. 

Happy Reading!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts