Book Review: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Book Review - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Published -  January 2012 by Penguin.
Rating- 3/5 

Summary -  Source: Goodreads.com



Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.


What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.



My thoughts on the book...

This book falls under the 'weepies' category. You know the books where the boy and girl don't end up together or the main character dies. Basically no happy ending and loads of tears. 

So I was prepared to cry a lot, especially after reading the reviews. But I didn't, surprisingly.

It's a sad but beautiful story of a quadriplegic young man (Will) who wants to die before things get worse for him and a young eccentric woman (Lou) who is willing to do anything to keep Will aliveLucid writing and likable central characters (except when Lou was being too nosy) makes it a good read. What I liked was that Moyes kept it real.

I feel that if not for the sad plot, the book wouldn't have been as interesting and effective as it is now because everything else is pretty average (I mean the supporting characters and writing style in general).

I got teary-eyed, sad, & emotional quite a few times but I didn't bawl my eyes out like I did when I read 'The Fault In Our Stars' or 'The Book Thief'. 

Although, I enjoyed reading it. A movie based on this book is going to release soon. Would love to watch it. 

Happy Reading!! :)


Comments

Popular Posts