Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge!

Goodreads.com is a very active and wonderful community of readers and writers from across the world. I joined it last year in February and quickly signed up for Goodread's 2014 Reading Challenge. My set target is to read 40 50 books in a year. Achievable I guess. Not a lot nor too less. But if I take into account targets of some other voracious readers, then I stand nowhere. :D 

So moving to my challenge, I have finished reading 14 books so far. I know I am lagging behind but in my defense I started a month after New Year. :P :D Ideally I should have completed at least 20 books by the end of June to be on the right track. Anyway I plan to catch up and achieve my goal. The reason for slowing down ranged from the book being either too boring or too interesting!

Out of the 14, I loved few (The Fault in Our Stars, The Bell Jar), liked few (Interpreter of Maladies, Disgrace, One and a Half Wife, Jobless Clueless Reckless), were shocked by some (Fifty Shades of Grey) and many were just okay (Never Say Never, I'm Not Twenty Four, Life is What You Make it, The Cuckoo's Calling, If You Could See Me Now, The One You Cannot Have, Happy Birthday.) 

I have some really interesting books lined up to read ahead. Like Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner (currently reading), & A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Book Thief, etc. Looking forward to devour them all.

Now back to reading.... :)

Comments

Popular Posts