Loreal Hydrafresh Gel - Best Moisturizer for my oily skin.

Beauty, makeup or skin care is not my forte. But just like any other girl, I too have concerns about my skin and like to have at least the basics sorted. And the most essential and must-have products for skin care are a good face-wash/cleanser and a good moisturizer. Even if you don't follow a queen like skin care regime, these two products are found in almost every women's daily routine as they are the most basic skin care products.

I have a very tricky skin texture. It is oily, acne prone and super super sensitive. Yes, I am blessed with a bad skin! :P So you can imagine my struggle to find a right moisturizer. I don't know from where I inherited this skin type as my mom has a clear, pimple free, normal skin. She didn't struggle with acne even as a teenager. And on the other hand, my battle with acne has been on since I hit puberty.

When I was young, I used to apply face creams that my mother used (Fair & Lovely, Boroplus, Ponds, Vicco Turmeric etc), only to realize that none of it suited my skin and I ended up having a bout of pimples. Hence, I completely stopped using any cream.

For very long I used Neutrogena Moisturizer. It was oil free so it did suit my skin luckily and didn't lead to pimples. But it always felt heavy on my skin. I felt like wiping it off immediately after applying. So I was back to square one - no apt moisturizer for my skin.

After a lot of research and reading, I found out that what I need is a water/gel based moisturizer. Because it will hydrate my skin and will get instantly absorbed without making it oily. 

So my search began for a moisturizing gel. I looked in several shops, searched online but no luck until I discovered L'Oreal Hydrafresh Anti-shine Icy Gel! And I am delighted to say that I finally got what I was looking for!!I bought it from a health store and since then have been using it. My skin feels soft and hydrated. As if it was thirsty from many years and finally the thirst is quenched. :D It is very light on skin, gets instantly absorbed, keeps my skin oil free for several hours. For a hot and humid country like ours, this moisturizing gel seems like the best option for me.

L'oreal Hydrafresh


It comes in an adorable little jar. It cost me Rs. 500 for a 50 ml bottle. Not very cheap but it is also not insanely expensive. I feel it is worth the money considering the trouble I faced to find the right moisturizer for my skin type. When applied, the cool blue gel, true to its name gives an icy feeling (remember the effect of menthol shampoo on your scalp??). And the smell is amazing!! I absolutely love the smell.


Best moisturizer for oily skin


As of now I haven't faced any side effects. But If I do..will surely mention it here. If you have a similar skin type, L'Oreal Hydrafresh Gel is worth a try I feel.

Comments

  1. Hmm... So madam has become Advertising executive 4 L'Oreal's :-p ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Kn! I wish i was..would have got paid well! :D

    It was one of the days where I didn't wanted to over-think about something profound to write as I end up scraping the idea to write at all.

    I just wanted to write. And I happened to be happy about discovering this moisturizer after many trials and errors on that day. So i went ahead and wrote this review. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts