Best homemade fluffy pancake recipe ever
I don't want to boast but after a lot of trial and error, I have finally discovered the best pancake recipe ever! It contains eggs and I'm yet to to try it without eggs. I have made egg-less pancakes but they don't turn out to be as fluffy and airy as the one with eggs - tastes good though.
So, without any further ado, here's the recipe:
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup (levelled)
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 2 -3 tablespoon
- Baking soda - 1 teaspoon (levelled)
- Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla essense - 4-5 drops (optional)
- Honey and butter to drizzle on top while serving
- Sieve flour, salt, and baking soda in a big bowl. Mix sugar in the sieved flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg. Then pour milk, oil, and vanilla essence.
- Now pour the milk mixture (gradually, not at once) in the dry ingredients and fold lightly. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Heat a pan, grease it with butter and pour one small ladle full batter. Flip once you see bubbles forming. Once the edges are brown, it's done.
- Slather butter and serve it with honey or any syrup of your choice.
1. Please ensure that you don't cook the pancakes on high heat. Keep the temperature medium-low.
2. Buy a good set of measuring cups and spoons for baking. And the use the same set to measure flour, sugar, milk etc.
3. The batter should be thick but of pouring consistency. Once you pour it on the pan, it should spread on its own. Add milk if the batter is too thick.