That Little Girl - Nostalgia #3



In one of my previous posts about Nostalgia, I expressed my desire to revisit some memories that evokes strong emotions in me and are special. Click here to read the Nostalgia series

---------***----------------------***----------------------***---------

There were dozens of kids at the wedding. But everyone noticed her. She was hard to miss. It was because of her burnt face and body. 

That little girl...

She was this really small, timid and delicate kid who hardly smiled or played. I watched her curiously for days (I was quite young too, about 7-8 years old) and wanted to know how she got burned. Eventually I heard her story, don't remember if someone directly told me or I overheard it. 

The story goes like this: Once she was playing with her friends. There was dry hay around. All the kids made a hut sort of structure from that hay and she went and sat inside on insistence of her friends. One kid got hold of matchsticks and lit the hay hut. Before anyone could save her, she got burned. :(

I felt very sad after I got to know what happened. Who is to be blamed? Kids were too naive to understand the repercussions of their actions. It is easy to blame parents too, that they shouldn't have left the kids unattended or made sure nothing harmful like matchsticks were around. But we all have been kids once and know that it is almost impossible to guard children all the time. 

The truth can't be ignored that one little girl's life changed forever. Just so sad. I still think of her. I wonder how she is and what is she doing. Did the accident made her future difficult? Is she happy? Did people allow her to forget that accident? Or was she constantly reminded of her injury? I hope she is healthy, happy, smart, beautiful and blessed! Sending you loads of good & positive thoughts little girl. :)

Comments

Popular Posts